Are you considering to start using social media in your business communication? In this posts I will give you a couple of basic tips before you start.
- Where are your target audience? Which social networks do they use? Where can you participate in conversations? Twitter? Facebook? Youtube? Listen, search and find!
- Search and find what your audience are saying about your company? Do they like you? What are they saying about your competitors?
- Think like a business – Define goals and make a plan for your communication.
- Learn – Try to understand changing trends and patterns. Explore the channels and try to keep one step ahead of the curve.
- Build relationships – Social media is about building relationships.
- Use a blog instead of a static website. In the blog , you and your employees can write and / or post videos and share your knowledge to your visitors. Update the blog regularly, once or twice a week is enough to maintain a dialogue.
- Be relevant – Do not share what you had to lunch or what tv-series you are watching. Share knowledge, market trends and other valuable insights to your customers.
- When a visitor comments on a post, answer them, even if it is a critical comment.
- Keep track of what other blogs write about you and comment on other blogs.
- It takes time – It takes a lot of time and resources to build an effective network. Start small and grow gradually!
Join the conversation!